Roles/ Responsibilities – Support teachers/ Teacher Assistants
Support teachers(Adult volunteers) & Teacher Assistants (Baala guruvulu)
Who are Baala guruvulu: Students who have successfully completed Prabhasam level. Adult volunteers must be proficient in writing, reading and speaking Telugu.
- Must report to Primary teacher
- Must be a team player
- Must have positive attitude, and be a good listener.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in timely manner with the teacher, parents and students
- Must be approachable, friendly and non judgemental
- Must be present in the classroom for at least 75% during the year while the ManaBadi classes are in session.
- In case you are not able to make it to the class, please notify the coordinator at least 48 hours in advance of the class start time. This would help the coordinator to make alternate arrangements, so that the class runs smoothly.
- Must keep students’ records, families’ contact information confidential. Should not share with other families/ groups.
- Be accountable. Must adhere to all the ManaBadi procedures and guidelines without any exceptions.
- Must follow all the curriculum procedures without any exceptions.Should not share the curriculum/ any other information with outside groups.
- If the individual is not committed, violates ManaBadi guidelines, Coordinator/ primary teacher will reserve the right to relieve the assistant teacher / volunteer
- Dress code- Bala guruvulu and also adult assistant teachers /volunteers must strictly follow the dress code. Must wear Indian ethnic dress.
- Take students attendance. Collect and correct homework. Log in student’s homework assignments
- Help the students with class work.
- Help the teacher with Saamskruthikotsavam.
- Any other ManaBadi tasks assigned by the primary teacher.