Roles/ Responsibilities – Primary (full time teachers)
_________Who is a full time teacher ?
Must serve as Primary teacher for at least 2.5 / 3 quarters. Exceptions will be considered on an individual basis. Must be fluent in reading, writing, speaking Telugu language
- Must be a team player
- Must have positive attitude, and be a good listener.
- Must be willing to dedicate about 2 hours per week at home in addition to 2 hours weekly class
- Must be an advocate of ManaBadi program
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in timely manner with other teachers, parents and students
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in timely manner with coordinators/ staff/ facility custodians and other facility personnel
- Must be approachable, friendly and non judgemental
- Must report to the Coordinator. Must include Coordinator in all communication with parents unless otherwise agreed upon by the teacher and the Coordinator
- Must work cohesively with cultural festival team.
- Must be present in the classroom every week and at all times while the ManaBadi classes are in session.
- Please notify the coordinator at least 48 hours in advance, if the teacher is not able to take the upcoming class.
- Must keep student’s records, families’ contact information confidential. Should not share with other families/ groups.
- Be accountable. Must be willing to meet with the parent/ student as many times as it may be needed to ensure the success of the student.
- Must adhere to all the ManaBadi procedures and guidelines without any exceptions. Must report the marks on the portal in a timely way.
- Must follow all the curriculum procedures without any exceptions.Should not share the curriculum/ any other information with outside groups.
- Must report any/ all the student/ parent issues to the Coordinator
- Work closely with the Coordinator in recruiting Teachers assistants, classroom parent volunteers and student assistant teachers.
- Must not have her/ his class parent help with written/ oral quarter tests. This is to avoid any favoritism and give a fair chance to all the students.
- Must not have more than 2 volunteers in the classroom
- If the individual is not committed, violates ManaBadi guidelines/ policy, Coordinator will reserve the right to relieve the teacher.
- Must refrain from emotional/ physical abuse to the students.
- Dress code- teachers must strictly follow the dress code. Must wear Indian ethnic dress.
- Be willing to lead/ coordinate programs such as Saamskruthikotsavam,Maatlaata, Balanandam etc
- Prior teaching experience(outside of India) preferred but not mandatory.